High School Student Opportunities
Aerospace Summer Training and Research Opportunity
ASTRO, or Aerospace Summer Training & Research Opportunity, is specifically geared for high school students. ASTRO participants work in a team of six students to solve Aerospace Engineering design problems. They have access to numerous resources, including our staff with Daily Staff Check-In’s. For the Check-In’s, our staff members rotate each day and are also available on an as-needed basis for any questions. As a result, the students are presented with a great mix of expertise to learn from.
No great summer program is complete without a few fun activities along the way. ASTRO participants enjoy a field trip, movie day, one-on-one talks with staff about college and career advice, and even a little Staff vs. ASTRO Foosball. SEI hopes to further develop the interest these students have shown in the Aerospace Engineering field through this challenging yet fun-filled experience.
- • June 5-23, 2017
- • 6 students accepted for Team 8
- • Hosted in the SpaceWorks Office
- • Hours are 9:00am to 4:00pm Mon - Fri
- • Transportation and most meals are the responsibility of the student
- • US Citizens or Permanent Residents only
- • All internships and programs for high school students are unpaid
ASTRO Participant Quotes:
“I didn’t have a lot of expectations going in, but everything was better than I could have imagined.” – Iris Galfas, ASTRO Team 7, 2016
“This has been one of the most educational, “intern-taining”, and simply amazing experiences I’ve had.” – Will Thompson, ASTRO Team 6, 2015
“This internship was so much more than that, it was a full aerospace engineering job! The whole experience was amazing and I feel like part of the SpaceWorks family now.” – Emily Moseley, ASTRO Team 6, 2015
“The people here are awesome. Getting to know everybody was definitely my favorite part of the last three weeks.” – Nick Becker, ASTRO Team 5, 2015
Academic Year Internships
Our internships during the academic year are for those students interested in aerospace and eager to learn more. Apply for a 1 Day Shadow opportunity if you are looking to supplement a class project, fulfill a school requirement, or satisfy your own curiosity about a career in Aerospace Engineering.
1 Day Shadow
- Join the SpaceWorks team for a day!
- Shadow several members of our staff and learn about all aspects of our business.
1 Week Immersion
- Full exposure to our company culture and the work needed to be in the Engineering industry.
- Personal interactions with our staff.