SpaceWorks Enterprises is always seeking talented individuals to join our team.
Submit your resume and an introductory cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference the job title and requisition number in the subject line.
SpaceWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but due to the nature of our work, we can only accept applications from US persons (US Citizens or US Permanent Residents).
Here are our current openings at SpaceWorks Enterprises.
Engineering Software Developer
Job Number: 171
SpaceWorks is seeking a software developer (computer programmer) to help make enhancements to a variety of aerospace engineering software programs in our SpaceWorks Software business unit. This person will also support several upcoming custom engineering software development activities in our SpaceWorks Engineering business unit. This is a full-time, salaried position with our standard benefits package.
Engineering Software Developer
We are seeking a highly capable and experienced software developer (computer programmer) for our main office in Atlanta, GA. SpaceWorks is an industry leader in the development of desktop aerospace engineering software such as QuickShot, Sentry, and REDTOP-Pro for the design of future aerospace systems. In addition, our software development team is often tasked with developing custom or niche engineering software tools for our customers in the US Government or the New Space industry.
SpaceWorks' software products are built to solve aerospace engineering problems. Therefore, our software developers must understand the “physics” involved in the problems. An ideal candidate is a computer scientist with a strong background in engineering or an engineer with a strong programming skillset and interest. This is an early to mid career position. No entry-level applicants please.
Due to the nature of our work, this position is available to US citizens or permanent residents only.
Position ID: 171
Opened On: September 7, 2017
Applications Due: Open Until Filled
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
• BS degree required, MS degree a plus
• 5+ years of relevant experience preferred
• Position is available immediately. Relocation assistance will be provided, if necessary.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related academic field of study
• Experience with software tool programming, development, and testing in a small team environment
• Experience with programming “physics based” software tools (e.g. trajectory, propulsion, structures, aerodynamics, orbital mechanics, etc.)
• Experience with Java, C++, Python, and Matlab
• Experience with Git and GitHub software development tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Experience with GUI/UI development and implementation
• Experience with multi-threaded software codes and parallel processing
• Experience with iOS and Android OS
• Knowledge of Atlassian Jira and Confluence
• Interest in space and hypersonic systems
Submit your resume and an introductory cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title and requisition number in the subject line. SpaceWorks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.